Amherstburg is a picturesque town located in the southern part of Ontario, Canada. With a population of around 23,500, it’s small enough to provide a tight-knit community feel, but still offers plenty of amenities and activities. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should consider moving to Amherstburg:
- Rich history: Amherstburg, Ontario has a rich history dating back to the late 1700s. The town played an important role in the War of 1812 and is home to several historical sites, including Fort Malden and the Amherstburg Freedom Museum.
- Scenic waterfront: Amherstburg is located on the shores of the Detroit River and Lake Erie, offering residents and visitors a beautiful waterfront to enjoy. The town is home to several parks and marinas, making it a great place for boating, fishing, and other water sports.
- Growing economy: Amherstburg is home to a growing economy, with a variety of businesses and industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, and education. The town is also home to several small businesses including The Richmond Popcorn Co., The River Bookshop & White Woods along with a thriving downtown area.
- Quality education: The town is home to several high-quality schools, including elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as a community college.
- Affordable living: Amherstburg is a relatively affordable place to live, with a cost of living that is lower than many other cities in Ontario.
- Friendly community: The town is known for its friendly and welcoming community, making it a great place to raise a family or retire.
- Access to amenities: Amherstburg is home to several amenities, including grocery stores, shopping centers, and restaurants.
- Outdoor activities: The town is surrounded by nature, making it a great place for outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, and bird watching.
- Proximity to larger cities: Amherstburg is located just a short drive from larger cities such as Windsor and Detroit, making it a great place for those who want to enjoy the benefits of small-town living while still being close to the amenities of a larger city.
- Festivals and events: The town is home to several festivals and events throughout the year, including the River Lights Festival, The Amherstburg Uncommon Festival, the Navy Yard Park Summer Concert Series, and the Amherstburg Freedom Museum African Canadian Heritage Festival.
In conclusion, Amherstburg is a great place to live for those looking for a small town with a rich history, beautiful waterfront, and friendly community. With a growing economy, quality education, and affordable living, it’s a great place to raise a family or retire. And with easy access to larger cities, outdoor activities and festivals, it’s a perfect blend of small town and city living.